Monday, October 28, 2013

25 weeks pregnant

How big is the baby?
At 25 weeks baby is the size of a head of cauliflower. 13.6-14.8inches, 1.5-2.5lbs
Baby is getting so, so big! The head of cauliflower in the photo is 4.8lbs so my baby is not that big.... yet.


How am I changing?
Just a bigger bump! Some days this week my bump has felt larger than other days. I don't know if this is a real thing but I think depending on where baby is located depends on my belly size? There are times where my stomach is as hard as a rock so I assume baby is closer to the front and my belly is a bit bigger. I don't know.


How am I feeling?
Same as usual! I failed to mention in week 24 that we had another doctor's appointment at 24wks, 5dys. Heart beat was good and this was my first appointment where I was measured! Baby is measuring exactly at 24 weeks. This appointment was a bit scary because we got informed about preterm labor signs, information about counting baby kicks, glucose test information and got my flu shot. One of the signs of preterm labor states "contractions with or without pain". I asked how I know if it's a contraction if there's no pain and all I got was, "oh, you'll know!" Greeeeaaat. Really looking forward to when contractions come. Thankfully all of my baby classes are booked so that should give me some peace of mind. 
 

What am I eating?
Same old same old. Yogurt, fruits, pizza, nuggets, potatoes, baked eggplant and a delicious "lasagna" I made but without lasagna noodles which turned out great! I'll have to make that again soon. Full of veggies. Great for baby. 



Odds and ends:
The first day of 25 weeks also marked our first anniversary!! Since I can't really tolerate long car rides cause of my sciatica, we took a close trip to home overnight. It was so wonderful just to get away for the night! We had a great time and I can't believe we've already been married for a year! The year really flew by. Obviously Josh and I didn't want to wait long to start a family. We've been together for a long time, living together for a long time, so we didn't want to wait. I'm just so incredibly happy that we are actually starting our family!
Aside from our minitrip, we painted the baby's room. When I say "we" I mean Josh. Now we just need to hang the new valance and all the major baby room projects are complete.

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover