Tuesday, October 1, 2013

20 weeks pregnant

How big is baby?
This week baby is the size of a banana! 6.5 inches, 10.6 ounces
Whoa.... We're half way there!!!! ..... (whoa... living on a prayer? anyone?)

How I'm changing?
So I think I have a baby bump?! Last weekend I took the plunge and went shopping for maternity jeans. Do you know how much maternity jeans are? A lot! $56 a lot to be exact. Thankfully there were labor day sales, a lady I work with gave me a $10 coupon and I had an extra 15% off so I got my jeans for $20. That I will spend. This Saturday, when I turned 20 weeks, I was going out and decided to wear the jeans. I figure I'm halfway there, 20 weeks left, $20 jeans, that's a buck a week. I'm sure I will be in maternity stuff even after baby is born - even better. Get my moneys worth. So now I have 3 pair of pants: jeans, maternity leggings and green skinny pants I got on clearance for fall. I'm set (I hope). I don't fill out the stuff yet but, oh well, I paid for them I'm wearing them. To work I still just wear my regular clothes.

How I'm feeling?
Feeling good! Feeling very excited and very nervous. We have a doctor's appointment this week - two actually, our check up and  our anatomy scan - which means we get to see baby again!!! If we wanted to find out the gender, this would be the scan we would find out. But we don't want to know so hopefully nothing slips by and with my awesome ultrasound reading skills I don't detect if it's a boy or a girl. The craziest thing ever is this is the last time we will see baby (if all goes well). The next time we see baby will be when it is coming out of me. Gulp.


What I'm eating?
I don't know what happened but I feel like I could just sit and eat sweets all. day. long. I don't. But I want to. And pizza. It's just so good. But I'm eating real food: oatmeal, chili, "burger", taco night, waffles, potstickers and salad. And, pizza. I eat pizza every Friday. It's my favorite end to the week and something to which I look forward. Even as a kid, every Friday was pizza, as I'm sure it was in many a household, but I'm excited to have my kid make pizza with mom and dad on Friday nights!


Odds and ends:
Probably the absolute most exciting thing this week, besides going to the doctor (hasn't happened yet), is I can officially say I have felt my baby move! I was questioning it around week 18. I was at work and felt what felt like a punch towards my ass bone. I knew it wasn't gas bubbles or anything else I had ever felt before. It made me pause for a moment. Since then I had felt movements, this strange feeling, many, many times and I know it is baby. It's so amazing to feel. I love it! I can't wait until it is more frequent and daily.

Let's discuss some of the stupid things I have done the past few weeks.

Josh and I were out doing errands and he had to run in to pick up some dog food for Eddie. We parked. I told him I was going to stay in the car. He ran in. I'm sitting in the car and began to wonder why the person in the car ahead of us was just sitting there staring at me!! I began getting uncomfortable until I noticed that the person was me. I was looking at my reflection in the window of the store.

I had to send my husband a picture of my left hand to ask him if I had my wedding rings on the correct finger. It just didn't look right to me.

I put my car keys in the fridge at work in the morning and didn't realize it until lunch. They were mighty cold.

I can't think of the right word immediately so I just say the first word that comes to mind. For instance, if I forget the word for "carrot" I might say "pepper". Josh will correct me and I'll always say, "you know what I mean, come on now"

I made a reference to a store as "that place with the name that's three letters". I was referencing CVS. My mom knew what I meant (apple doesn't fall far I guess).

I see things. A lot. I have asked Josh many, many times to check and see if a (snake, bat, cat, mouse etc) just (ran across the floor, went behind the door, is running in our yard, is hiding under the table etc). It happens. At least there is never a dull moment in our house

One perk of being expectant parents is that certain things don't seem to matter as much anymore. Oh you're pouring a glass of water and completely miss the glass and pour it all over the floor? Oh well! Oh I just dumped my entire taco salad on the floor.. face side down. Who cares! (I actually cared, and cried hysterically over this. Not cause of the mess but because I really wanted my food. My reaction is comical now but I was balling my eyes out. I even ran to my room and cried in my pillow.)
We're gonna have a kid and who the hell knows what (s)he'll do!! Maybe they'll be very fond of spaghetti hats. Or put cans of tuna in their diaper (I may have done this as a child at grocery stores). Five months from today I could have pee in my face! Puts things in perspective, huh? So, yea, now any stupid mess or mishap we just laugh it off. I hope I can laugh it off when baby bathes in chocolate pudding.... then pees in my face.

In case you need to catch up:

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahhaa I think you should include the dumb things you've been doing in each week's update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you implying I do dumb things on a weekly basis??

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover