Wednesday, October 16, 2013

24 weeks pregnant

How big is baby?
At 24 weeks baby is the size of a cantaloupe! 10.5 -11.8inches, 12.7 - 20.8oz
In my 24 week photos, I look puffy cause I literally rolled out of bed and took photos... woops.


How am I changing?
With baby growing so much each week, gaining almost half a pound a week, it's no wonder my bump is reflecting this.  I'm beginning to notice that I feel a bit uncomfortable after eating larger meals. I might need to eat smaller meals more frequently - even more frequently than normal. I also think my boobs had another growth spurt this week. They're feeling like cantaloupes themselves oh man. I hope this is it and there's no more growth there.


How am I feeling?
Man, that sciatica really hurts after sitting or standing for too long! Some days it is so bad that I literally need help standing up. I just hope it goes away after the baby is born. I couldn't imagine living like this. Overall I am still able to do everything I used to do, for which I am extremely grateful. I might move a bit slower at the end of the day cause I'm getting a bit worn out but I have energy and am enjoying it while I can. I hear in the third trimester you can get tired again like in the first trimester.


What am I eating?
This week I whipped up some mashed potatoes and gravy (mmmm), made some homemade pierogies and stuffed mushroom caps, made roasted vegetable soup, had yet another "burger" night, pizza night, the usual yogurts, fruit, veggies, milk and I began trying to increase my fiber. Still trying to only have one sweet a day but it usually ends up being a sweet (like a cookie or some ice cream) and a piece of candy.


Odds and ends:
We went to a wedding this weekend. It's always nice to get dressed up and see your husband dashing in his suit - even if it needs it to be drastically taken in haha.






We also bought the paint for the nursery and I finished a project - making a light switch for the nursery. I'm still in major organization mode trying to get as much done as I can before the end of the month, but really before the holidays. I love the holiday season and don't want to be doing all of this when I can be sitting with a cup of hot cocoa or egg nog (soy) watching some holiday movies! Nor do I think I'll want to/be able to if my bump keeps growing at the rate it is and if fatigue does set in. I have my list of what needs to get done and love when something is accomplished!






This is the last day of 24 weeks and on a fun trip with hubby that I will discuss in my 25 week update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover