Buying french fries from a fast food place is not the healthiest thing
Buying bags of frozen french fries can end up costing a lot
A bag of french fries can run about $3.50 (depending on brand)
A 5lb bag of potatoes is only $1.99 - that's a lot of french fries!!
So to satisfy our taste buds, wallet and waist line, we started making our own.
|please ignore the dog nose in the corner...|
Homemade Baked French Friesserves 4-5
4-5 russet potatoes (or more/less depending on how many people you are serving)
Olive oil, extra virgin
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Paprika, light sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes into french fry shape
- Put in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika
- Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and place the seasoned fries on the cooling rack (we enjoy cooking them this way to get the heat all around the potatoes and evenly cooked/crisped)
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until cooked and golden
Any french fry fans out there?
Linking up to Fitness Friday!