Alissa's blogs is one of the first blogs I started following when I started my own blog almost two months ago! So I am so happy to have been nominated by her. Thanks, Alissa!!!
There are a couple of rules with the Liebster Award.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the
blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
These are my 11 Questions from Alissa:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I began reading blogs probably about 4 years ago. Ironically, just like Alissa, one of the first blogs I began reading daily was EatLiveRun. I began reading about Jenna and her recipes because, at the time, she was a vegetarian and a runner (like myself). From there I found other blogs I just loved and adored. It wasn't until recently that I thought maybe I could share some of my ideas and recipes. Now I understand how blogging can easily be a full-time job.
2) What is your favorite food?
I love a lot of foods - and I go through phases of love of foods.
My favorite kinds foods are soups and Mexican food, however. They never get old!
3) What is your greatest achievement in life thus far?
Hmmm.... well I'm proud of myself for all the education I have received. Can getting married to a wonderful man be considered an achievement? I'm proud of the life we have built together, thus far, and excited for what the future holds.
4) Describe your perfect date.
I'm a simple gal. My favorite date nights with my husband are when he makes me a wonderful dinner, we put all electronic devices away, sit and eat together. Maybe then watch a movie with some popcorn, cuddled up together on the couch.
5) If you could go anyplace in the world on vacation where would it be and why?
Hawaii. Absolutely Hawaii. My husband wants to go to Hawaii in the absolute worst way. I have a terrible, terrible fear of flying. You see the problem? If I could get there, somehow, and not experience the flight I would love to do it for him.
6) What is the last book you read?
I am currently in the middle of reading two books at the moment. The last books I read in it's entirety were the Hunger Games Trilogy. I loved those books so much that anything else I went to pick up to read did not compare to Katniss and Peeta. Now I am actually reading informative books rather than a pleasure read.
7) Favorite TV shows that you watch every week?
My husband and I currently are watching The Americans, The Following, Modern Family, The Middle, Parks & Recreation, Worst Cooks in America and Top Chef (season finale Wednesday!).
8) Name a blog or two that has inspired you.
Eatliverun since it was the first blog I have ever began reading. It has definitely changed since I started reading it but I am still a follower! I also really love DailyGarnish. I enjoy seeing where Emily has taken her blog since she had her son.
9) If you had a $1000 shopping spree, what store would you go to?
Is it bad that my first instinct is to say Wegmans? I'd probably want to split it for food and then clothes - maybe some place like Ann Taylor or Banana Republic - get some good, key wardrobe pieces.
10) What is your hidden talent?
I can form my tongue into 3-rings/loops. Is that the proper way to describe it?
11) Favorite quote or life motto?
"You're allowed to do nothing"
I always feel like I need to be doing something
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. Might not be so random, but I am a strict vegetarian.
2. I never miss a night of flossing. I have to floss - it's part of my nighttime routine.
3. I don't like wearing "real clothes" in my house. I am more of a pajamas and sweats person at home, unless company is coming over. Then I'll put on real clothes for you.
4. I hate the dentist. Hate hate hate going to the dentist. We don't have a good history. Surprising since I floss so much, right?
5. I love pillows and sleep on 3 at night.
6. Starting July until the end of the year, I have an unhealthy obsession with QVC (Christmas shopping anyone?)
7. I love classic rock music and it wasn't until I was in 6th grade that I discovered that everyone didn't know and list to The Who (Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, CSNY, Fleetwood Mac, you get the picture)
8. I have an extreme sweet tooth and love all kinds of candy and baked goods. This could have something to do with my hatred of the dentist.
9. My ringtone is currently "You Can Call me Al" by Paul Simon
10. I hate odd numbers so all these lists are "11" long instead of "12" irks me...
11. If you haven't guessed, I have slight OCD...
and I love Chevy Chase (ha...12 facts)
11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your go-to movie to watch?
3. What dinner do you prepare when you can't think of anything to prepare?
4. What do you miss most about being a kid?
5. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
6. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
7. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
8. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be and why?
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
10. What is one food that you will not eat?
11. Who is the one person that helped to make you who you are today?
My Nominees - (I'm doing 12 because I like even numbers):
2. Chaotic Domestic
4. House by Hoff
5. Life Alaskan Style
6. Life on Food
8. Sweet Caroline's Corner
9. Townsend House
10. Snack Therapy
11. Honor, Courage, Commitment
12. put a bow on it