Twist my arm - fine - I'll make them.
I love cookies. Love them. I try to not make them often because if they are in the house, I'll eat them.
I am proud of myself, however, because I haven't made cookies since Christmas. Granted, at Christmas I made dozens upon dozens of cookies and consumed even more! But hey, a months a month, right?
We love these cookies because they are soft and chewy not hard and crunchy.
Trust me, you will not regret making these little guys.
Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookiesadapted from appleaday
Makes about 25 cookies depending on size of cookie
3/4c margarine, softened
3/4c brown sugar (I've used both light and dark)
1/4c granulated sugar
1 flax egg or regular egg
2tsp vanilla extract
2c all-purpose flour
1tsp + 3/4 tsp cornstarch
1tsp baking soda
1c chocolate chips (or m&m's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make flax egg by mixing 1Tbsp ground flax with 3Tbsp water. Put in fridge.
- In a stand mixer, cream together margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add "egg" and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Mixture should be very light and airy.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix in dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies onto greased baking sheet or on a baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until tops are brown (do NOT overbake)
Nutritional Information (per cookie): 147 calories, 6g fat, 0.4g fiber, 0.3g protein, 20g carbs
They are delicious with a glass of milk and they go fast... enjoy!
I pretty much love any and every kind of cookie but always find myself coming back to a chocolate chip cookie. What's your favorite go-to cookie?
Linking up with Molly for YOLO Mondays