Thursday, August 29, 2013

14 weeks pregnant

How big is baby?
Baby is the size of a lemon 3.4 in and 1.5oz


I don't think I have grown much or am changing much week to week. I know that it's only a matter of time. 

How I’m changing?
I'm feeling pretty much normal. I haven't gained any weight even though there are days I feel huge, my weight is always the same. 

How I’m feeling?
Feeling good. I'm sleeping well. I'm sleeping a lot actually. There are still days when I come home from work and can't even function. Then there are other days when I do a lot, what I think is a lot, when I get home from work - dishes, cleaning, a workout - and then I crash on the couch and am pretty useless the rest of the day.

I have been having headaches lately, although they are better than last week. I need to remember to keep drinking lots and lots of water. And if my headache is really bad I find a quick nap will fix me right up. 

I am napping quite a bit and am really enjoying it. On weekends in particular I find myself napping in the afternoon or doing an evening nap, around 7:30pm, and then waking up for a few more hours before bed. And then sleeping in until 8am or 9am.
I'm also still having boob pain, cramping - which I hope is baby growing - crazy amounts of indigestion/heartburn. Pretty much after every meal I have some kind of indigestion.



What I'm eating?
I am just loving all food right now. This isn't the healthiest thing to crave, but I'm really loving Velveeta. I do not eat it every day, maaaaybe once a week. And I always measure the portion size. It's really good with mexican food. yum-o. Reminds me of my college queso days. I also can't get enough milk, broccoli, green beans and grapes.

I'm not hating anything right now but I also haven't ventured back to an apple, orange or cheerios since I nixed them from my life weeks ago.

Common meals this week consisted of raviolos, quinoa bake with broccoli, pizza (gotta have pizza), Greek salad (no feta).



Odds and Ends
I really missed running this week. We had some cool weather, felt like fall, and I went out for a walk and just wanted to take off. Not running has been a lot harder on me than I had ever thought it would be. I find myself talking about running with my husband a lot and already planning a race that we could do after I deliver. I just can’t believe how much I miss it! It’s hard to express to anyone, however, because I know I’m not running for a very good reason, and it’ll be there when my pregnancy is over, but mentally not being able to get out there and go is very, very, very tough!! I’m happy I was able to run at least a few weeks with baby even if it was only up to 5.5-6m long run, wasn’t the half I was hoping for but, things happen.

We have another doctor appointment coming up so I am very excited to hear baby's heartbeat again! Unfortunately I think it will still be a few weeks before I feel baby move.

On an exciting note, Josh and I started looking at baby stuff and just started adding things we like to a registry. We figure it was easier to have it all on a list of what we like and can research and delete from there instead of writing down endless names of things on pieces of paper. Who would have thought such a little munchkin needs so much stuff!

So far for baby we bought some hats and socks we wanted to do for a photo shoot to announce and then our friends Jenn and Jen bought us some gifts! Baby is already being spoiled!!!
(almost caught up! I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant...)

road to baby making
week 5
week 6
week 8
week 9
week 10 
week 11 
week 12
week 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover